Through her journey with Pilates, Louisa discovered tremendous improvement in core strength with a supple body. Having experienced the physical, mental and emotional benefits of Pilates, as well as the improved mind-body awareness and body alignment, Louisa was inspired to commit teaching Pilates fully. Her life’s mission is teach others to reach their movement potential and also discover for themselves the benefits of Pilates.
Louisa started ballet at the age of five, under the tutelage of Ms. Ruby Sarkies; and subsequently under the tutelage of Miss Cecilia Hon at Cecilia Hon Ballet Theatre where she had the opportunities to perform in several recitals held by the school as well as charity concerts through the years 1992 to 1998. In addition, she showed exceptional progress as she continued to advance in her Royal Academy of Dance (R.A.D) graded exams, obtaining a Distinction for her Grade 8 examinations. She also showed a good ability to teach and was chosen to be an Assistant Teacher for the then Television Corporation of Singapore (TCS) dance classes. She went on to complete the R.A.D Intermediate Vocational graded exam under the tutelage of Ms. Chew SooPoh, who had a huge influence in piquing her interest in discovering the technicalities of the ballet technique. This led to her embarkment on learning the Pilates methodology.
Having maintained her Pilates conditioning regime during the years in the corporate job, one of the first activities she resumed after committing to teaching Pilates full time was ballet. She found that despite the six years hiatus and that being a lot older by then in terms of years of age, Louisa experienced and noticed an improvement in her ability to dance stronger than before, and in particular improvement in her ballet technique.
This experience reinforced her passion to use the knowledge and experience from her career in teaching Pilates to teach ballet to children as well as adult learners. Ballet, being her first passion and love, and having pursued knowledge in both dance education and Pilates, she hopes to contribute to the dance community through teaching, and create meaningful experiences in movement, inspire and motivate students to move well and dance injury free!
- Bachelor in Business Management (Merit), Marketing major
- BodyTree Academy (BTA) Certified Pilates Teacher
- Fletcher Pilates® Professional Teacher
- Pilates Method Alliance (PMA®) Certified Pilates Teacher
- Certified BASI Pilates® Pilates for Dancers
- Dance Teacher & Health Professional, Level 1 & 2 Certificate (Perfect Form Physiotherapy)
- Intermediate Vocational Ballet Certificate (Royal Academy of Dancing)
- Gymnastics Bodies Athlete Certificate
- Pelvic Floor & Core Foundations (Burrell Education)
- BTA Prehab Trainer
- Kinesio Taping (KT1 & KT2) Certificate (Kinesio Taping Association)
- Dual Zone Myofascial Release Course (Functional Training Institute)