As a child, Tabitha has always loved how music and rhythm can inspire movement. She started her dance journey at the age of 8, and after having done Jazz, Chinese, Modern and Contemporary style dances, she finally began her ballet journey at a late age of 18.
Her affinity for ballet led her to a place in Raw Moves' pre professional scholar's programme and was trained under the guidance of Mr Ricky Sim and Mr Ng Kin Wee in ballet and contemporary dance. However the rigours of training led to injury after injury, which forced her to place her dancing days on hold.
In spite of this set back, Tabitha was determined to dance again. A chance opportunity led her on a path of rehabilitation with Pilates. Being naturally flexible, Pilates also led her to discover an appreciation for mindful movement with a mobile body. She then returned to the ballet studio and attained her Advanced 1 certification from Royal Academy of Dance.
Now, with her knowledge in Ballet and Pilates, Tabitha believes that with an informed approach, dancers will be able to meet their movement potential and dance injury free.
- National University of Singapore, B.A (Phil/Psych)
- Moving Arts Scholars’ Dancer (2011-2012)
- Advanced One Ballet Certification (Royal Academy of Dance, UK)
- Xtend Barre™ Certified Instructor
- Progressive Ballet Technique registered Teacher
- BTA Movement Anatomy™ (Biomechanics and Pathologies)
- BARE® Workout Instructor
- BodyTree Academy (BTA) Certified Pilates Teacher